Saturday, October 22, 2011

This week

Wow what a week it has been. So many great things happening, so little time to sit down and write about them.

I worked per diem a few days this week, so while that counts for 12+ hour days working, I am very blessed to have the opportunity to work and have a stable job, as well as some extra on the side. Plus it doesn't hurt at all that I love what I do and enjoy the patients I see.

Thursday night I was blessed to have the opportunity go to Jeni's home for dinner (Jeni is the director of Girlnetic Albany) and meet with a number of wonderful women who are taking active leadership roles in Girlnetic as well as the founder of Girlnetic, Jonaliza. Jeni was a wonderful hostess. She made squash apple soup with sliced baguettes with local cheddar cheese baked and for dessert pretzel rods dipped in chocolate. She even sent me home with leftovers! :) I am so looking forward to being more actively involved in Girlnetic and getting to know all of these wonderful women better.

Today we had our Capital District Christian Conference at Clifton Park CC and it was a wonderful time and fellowship and learning. It is so encouraging to see committed Christians come together in one place with a common goal. We had a number of area "keynote" speakers, some breakout sessions and time to spend visiting. Our good friends came in from New Hampshire as well to show their support. Again, we are so BLESSED!

I am so thankful for a family who is ALWAYS there for me, even though they are so far away. I love that they are there for me when I am happy or sad, or upset, or anything, but always help to remind me to keep focused on what is most important, and to be patient and trust in God.

I'm sure there will be many more blessings tomorrow, which I look forward to experiencing and reflecting upon. I thank God for all he does in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment