Wednesday, December 7, 2011

come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me

I woke up to the knowledge that I had no obligations. Just relaxation. Josh was still sleepy so I went up to the lido deck and got an egg white omelette, sweet muesli and coffee...while I sat out in the beautiful sunshine and read my kindle. What a way to start vacation. After breakfast josh and I went to a little meet and greet where we met up with some of the people who had chatted on the cruise board prior to the cruise. I met a sweet sweet couple named Martha and Jerry, who I'm sure you'll hear more about during this vacation blog.

Sometime after that I went to a cooking class called "Flavors of the Eurodam" where different chefs from the specialty restaurants on the ship gave cooking demonstrations. We had lunch after that and then went out and relaxed on the deck in the very nice deck chairs by the pool. Spent a little time in the hot tub where I met a very nice woman named Gayle who I got to know very well over the course of the cruise as well. After the hot tub we fell asleep on our fabulous deck chairs for a while. We relaxed a while before dinner then went back to dinner for night #2.

That evening after dinner I went to go watch karaoke for a while. I sat down in the only open seat, which was by the DJ, not realizing that they were wrapping up for the night, when the DJ thrust a book of songs into my lap asking me to please pick a song, and I had less than a minute, as they hadn't had any women singers that night. So on impulse I opened to the first page, say Shania Twain's "Any man of mine" and said "that one". So next thing I new I was having a good time closing out karaoke for the night and after the song the DJ said "so, who thinks she should be in our Eurodam Superstar competition?" as a form was handed to me. So...followup on that in a few days following on the report of San Juan!

Next up...Grand Turk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment